Hour 2: Aired on Thursday, December 29, 2016
- Katie (Lafayette, LA) is on the hunt for a job. How can she best search online?
- Dawn (Gilbert, AZ) wants to purchase a home, but her husband will be $450,000 in student loan debt after finishing dental school.
- Sharon (Dayton, OH) is enabling her 28-year-old son. She feels guilty to keep going, but would feel guilty to stop.
- Bill (Champaign, IL) is starting a motorcycle touring business. Should he get a new or used bike for this?
- Andrew and Debbie (Burlington, VT) do their debt-free scream from the lobby. They paid off $171,000 in 7.5 years.
- Larry (Boone, NC) is debt free. Now what?
- Lindsay (San Antonio, TX) needs a game plan. Her employer will pay off her husband's $134,000 in student loans in four years.
- Tina (East Haven, CT) has $180,000 in student loans. Her husband is in the military, and she makes $24,000/year. Should they file for bankruptcy?
- Dave answers Sonya's question from Facebook. If you can opt out of Social Security for moral reasons, should you?
Hour 3: Aired on Tuesday, December 27, 2016
- Angel (San Antonio, TX) is recently married and has two kids. Should they take his mother’s offer to move in and buy her house?
- Dave answers Nicholas’ question from Twitter. Where can he get a detailed report of his debts?
- Dave answers Preston’s question from Twitter. Should he get life insurance through work?
- Dave answers the Blinds.com question of the day. Dave asks if there’s ever a time when you’ll graduate from the cash-only system and use a credit card on a limited basis.
- Derek (Billings, MT) received an inheritance. What does he do with it?
- Aaron (Fargo, ND) has credit cards in collections.
- Matt (Nashville, TN) is trying to figure out how to find a career he can get fired up about.
- Carey (Tulsa, OK) can’t seem to get traction.
- Dave shares the Scripture and quote of the day.
- Joel and Lindsey (Seattle, WA) ask how to grow a small business without growing it too fast.
- Jim (Spokane, WA) is torn between paying down the house and adding to the retirement fund.
Hour 2: Aired on Tuesday, December 27, 2016
- Charity (Chattanooga, TN) is considering starting a drive-thru coffee shop business. Is this a good idea?
- Keld (Norwich, CT) is unsure about leaving his estranged children in his will. He’s considering giving to charity instead.
- Brandon (Bellingham, WA) is facing two job opportunities. One is self-directed. One is network marketing. Which would Dave suggest?
- Virginia (Atlanta, GA) has a timeshare, and the company is offering to buy it back for $5,000.
- Reid and Cindy (Austin, TX) have a question from the lobby. They’re in their 60s and retired. Should they move an IRA slowly into a Roth to take advantage of low taxes?
- Lea (Detroit, MI) is completely broke and struggling. Her husband is having health problems. What can they do?
- Dave answers Vincent’s question from Twitter. What are Dave’s thoughts on index funds versus regular mutual funds?
- Matt (Calgary, Alberta) day-trades, but wonders if he should go back to work to pay off debt.
Hour 1: Aired on Tuesday, December 27, 2016
- Dave rants about people who have a victim mentality.
- Nicole (Chicago, IL) asks if they should consolidate credit cards.
- Casey (Birmingham, AL) is putting money aside to buy a house and will have $35,000 next year. Is that enough?
- Dave answers Nate’s question from Twitter. What does Dave think about buying foreclosures?
- Charles and Myrissa (Springfield, IL) give their debt-free scream from the lobby. They paid off $300,000 in combined student loans.
- Robert (San Antonio, TX) has an overdrawn bank account. If he fixes it, how will that affect his credit?
- Luke (Minneapolis, MN) is considering paying off the house now, but all he’d have left is $20,000 and retirement.
- Lloyd (South Bend, IN) asks about prepaid funeral expenses.
Hour 3: Aired on Monday, November 14, 2016
- Dave talks about the return of The Dave Ramsey Show to SiriusXM.
- Diane (Reading, PA) is considering using investments to pay off debt. Is this a good idea?
- Chris (Baton Rouge, LA) is discouraged that debt isn't going away quick enough.
- Terry (Kansas City, MO) is getting ever closer to retirement. Should he use 401(k) money to pay off the house?
- David (Chicago, IL) is having trouble budgeting for bills.
- Dave answers Shaun's question from Facebook. Is there any benefit to term life with living benefits versus straight term life insurance?
- Scott and Charlena (Winston-Salem, NC) give their debt-free scream. They paid off $140,000 in 30 months.
- Dave shares the Scripture and quote of the day.
- Dave answers the Blinds.com question of the day. Chris asks if he should borrow on a 401(k) to pay off his credit cards? The math seems to work.
- Dave talks about the $10 Sale at DaveRamsey.com.
- Jessica (San Angelo, TX) asks how to budget when she has a regular income, but her husband is self-employed.
Hour 2: Aired on Monday, November 14, 2016
- Rob (Philadelphia, PA) asks how to attack a student loan.
- Rebecca (Reading, PA) is upside down on a car. Should she keep it and pay it off?
- Jimmy and Candace (Oklahoma City) give their debt-free scream from the lobby. They paid off $162,000 in 33 months.
- Rachel Cruze joins Dave to take calls and to talk about how people who like to spend approach the holidays.
- Laura (Pittsburgh, PA) asks advice on what to do with her savings.
- Roger (Los Angeles) is considering moving in with his parents. Is this a bad idea?
Hour 1: Aired on Monday, November 14, 2016
- Dave talks about the SiriusXM launch.
- Rachel (Lynchburg, VA) is considering a student loan repayment plan.
- Karen (Bay City, MI) asks when she should pay off her business mortgage.
- Braden (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan) wants to be a chicken farmer. Should he borrow money to get into the business?
- Dave talks about the hard lessons he learned borrowing money for a business.
- Jay (San Antonio, TX) wants to secure his retirement.
- Kim (Yorktown, VA) has a rental home mortgage on a house they can't rent out and a family home mortgage. What should they do?
- Shawn and Rosa (Louisville, KY) give their debt-free scream. They paid off $63,644 in 19 months.
Hour 3: Aired on Monday, October 24, 2016
- Caleb (Portland, OR) is needing help now that his wife is doing an unpaid internship and they're living on one income.
- Dave answers Christina's question from Twitter. Where does saving for a wedding fit into the Baby Steps?
- Latoya (Columbus, OH) wonders if she should get a second life insurance policy.
- Rodney (Atlanta) asks if he should get rid of his car.
- Ellie (Salt Lake City, UT) is 60. She wonders if she should sell her house or use some of her retirement money to pay it off.
- Dave answers the Blinds.com question of the day. In Jason's budget, where should alimony and child support be in order of priority?
- Jeff and Rachel (Salt Lake City, UT) give their debt-free scream from the lobby after paying off $45,000 in 22 months.
- Cam (Orlando) is considering starting a side business as a personal trainer, but it would require $1,000 in equipment.
- Dave shares the Scripture and quote of the day.
- Carrie (St. Louis, MO) is pregnant and paying off debt. Should they keep rolling their debt snowball?
- Cassie (Pittsburgh, PA) asks how she and her husband can get on the same page about money.
Hour 2: Aired on Monday, October 24, 2016
- Dave talks about the Foundations in Personal Finance curriculum.
- Dave is joined in studio by Larry Magnesen, Senior VP of Fifth Third Bank, to talk about the bank's sponsorship of Dave's curriculum.
- Dave is joined by Jenna Burns, a teacher at Warren Central High School in Indianapolis, who teaches the Foundations curriculum.
- Dave talks about the importance of teaching teenagers sound financial principles.
- Kyle (Columbia, MO) needs advice on how to evaluate a business he wants to buy.
- Richard (Little Rock, AR) has a collection of motorcycles. Should he sell them to pay his monthly expenses?
- Joni (Dover, DE) asks how to make sure the will is carried out once she's passed.
- Dave talks about the 14-Day Money Finder on rachelcruze.com.
- Dave talks about the new wallet found on rachelcruze.com.
Hour 1: Aired on Monday, October 24, 2016
- Jennifer (Baltimore, MD) has run into health problems and is waiting on disability. She cosigned on her mom's house. What can she do?
- David (New York, NY) asks if he should pay off his mortgage.
- Coby (Winston-Salem, NC) is starting to invest at 19. What should his strategy be?
- Michael (Chicago, IL) wants to know the difference between investing and gambling.
- David and Mary (New Jersey) give their debt-free scream. The paid off $135,339 in 32 months.
- Dave answers a question from Facebook. Bonner asks if he should close his bank accounts over concerns of Russian hacking.
- Michelle (Dallas) is on Baby Step 2, but she's worried about not putting money into retirement.
- Lisa (Kalamazoo, MI) received a $3,800 check from her insurance company after a roof leak. She's in Baby Step 2. Should she use the money to repair the roof?
Hour 3: Aired on Friday, October 21, 2016
- Kevin (Pittsburgh, PA) wants to know whether to pay off debt or buy a new house.
- Mike (Binghamton, NY) has a question for Dave about his pension.
- Mary on Facebook asks Dave if both her and her husband's name should be on the LLC for a rental property they want to buy.
- Darren (San Antonio, TX) wants to know if he should pay off a second mortgage or invest in a college fund.
- Nathan (Tampa, FL) asks Dave about state-specific wills.
- John and Sharon (Clarksville, TN) are in the lobby to give their debt-free scream after paying off $40,000 in 23 months.
- Chuck (Albany, NY) wants to know if he should retire yet.
- Dave reads the Scripture and quote of the day.
- Dave answers the Blinds.com question of the day. Carlo asks if insurance and utilities are factored in when Dave says to pay no more than 25% of income on a house.
- Christina (Rockville, MD) has $174,000 in student loan debt. How does she begin attacking it?
Hour 2: Aired on Friday, October 21, 2016
- Dave explains the basics of what Ramsey Solutions teaches.
- Dionne (Chicago, IL) wants to leave her new job but is worried about the repercussions.
- Matt (Meridian, ID) wants to know his options for paying medical bills.
- Jacob and Bridgett (Dallas, TX) want to know how to buy a business from their dad.
- Jacob and Jennifer (Dallas TX) are in the lobby to give their debt-free scream after paying off $93,000 in 22 months!
- Greg (Houston, TX) asks if he should use his son's 529 college savings fund to pay off personal debt.
Hour 1: Aired on Friday, October 21, 2016
- John (Los Angeles, CA) wants to know if it's legal to use one person's credit as collateral to start a corporation for someone else.
- Dave answers a question from Twitter. Ryan asks what's the most debt anyone has ever paid off using Dave's plan.
- Lisa (Birmingham, AL) says her father's estate is in debt and the executer is being uncooperative.
- Manuel and Mandee (Los Angeles, CA) are debt-free after paying off $21,000 in 1 year!
- Kendra (Pennsylvania) is expecting a child and asks for advice on how to update her will after the baby is born.
- Dave talks about the principles behind why it's so important to have a will.
- Cindy (Portland, ME) wants to know what type of credit card she should get.
Hour 1: Aired on Thursday, September 1, 2016
- Dave talks about how the things he teaches are simple and just require discipline.
- Kelly (Kalamazoo, MI) asks how to teach her college-age son how to budget.
- Dave reads a Facebook question from Ashley, who wonders if she should get disability insurance before or after completing her emergency fund.
- Matt and Bryn (Lake Tahoe, CA) are debt-free after paying off $50,000 in 11 months!
- Dave talks about our budgeting software, EveryDollar.
- Dave reads the Blinds.com question of the day from Paul, who asks for advice on negotiating.
- John (Colorado Springs, CO) has a question about retiring with military benefits.