Hour 1: Aired on Thursday, September 1, 2016
- Dave talks about how the things he teaches are simple and just require discipline.
- Kelly (Kalamazoo, MI) asks how to teach her college-age son how to budget.
- Dave reads a Facebook question from Ashley, who wonders if she should get disability insurance before or after completing her emergency fund.
- Matt and Bryn (Lake Tahoe, CA) are debt-free after paying off $50,000 in 11 months!
- Dave talks about our budgeting software, EveryDollar.
- Dave reads the Blinds.com question of the day from Paul, who asks for advice on negotiating.
- John (Colorado Springs, CO) has a question about retiring with military benefits.